Buyer - Kids Accessories
Fantastic opportunity for a Buyer / Established Junior Buyer passionate about Kids Accessories to join a leading fashion jewellery Brand!
Your new company
Leading high street fashion jewellery brand looking for an exceptional Buyer to join their Kids team in Billericay, Essex.
Main purpose of job:
· Maximising the profitability of the brand, by developing and delivering the product range to support the
Brand strategy in order to achieve the KPIs
· Working with Merchandising and Design to deliver a commercial range that consistently meets and exceeds
the customer's needs, whilst satisfying the Host's expectations
· Coaching and developing the Buying team
Your new role
· Work with the Merchandiser to develop the brand strategy, in line with the Host/ Brand' strategy
· Develop and deliver product ranges tailored to the customer profile and brand positioning that achieve or
exceed target margin and sales plans
· Develop market positioning and benchmark the competition (and International markets where relevant)
· Identify and develop key trends and colour stories for season ahead, suited to the phasing plan
· Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses and undertake trips for
product development and negotiation twice per year
· Develop new product types and seasonal offers
· Propose product, pricing and packaging trials
· Work with VM to ensure the VMG reflects product strategy/trend for relevant timing
· Liaise with VM and Merchandising to deliver in store graphics and POS
· Plan buy quantities that reflect the potential sales, lifetime and risks of each line.
· Manage Critical Path ensuring ranges/product offer is delivered at correct timings
· Be reactive to own brand and general trading pattern by continuously reviewing current performance and
commitment and re aligning as necessary
· Lead weekly trading, driving actions that increase sales and profitability, highlighting any risks or
opportunities to Head of Buying
· Work with design, PR and Host on Press day concepts
· Undertake inspirational shopping trips and visit trade shows both locally and overseas
· When developing product be aware of origin of product in order to avoid copyright infringement
· Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the business
Developing the Brand
· Build strong relationships with the Host, attending Host meetings and ensuring all actions are delivered
· Work with the Business Development team to optimise online, international and new business opportunities,
including supporting the development of the franchise and wholesale plan
· Ensure all systems and administrative work is accurate and timely, following "right first time" principles
· Provide accurate and timely data to the retail and logistics teams, considering the impact on other functions
of decisions made
Leadership & Team Development
· Drive the development of the Assistant Buyer and Buyers Assistants.
· Deliver training in line with the company's training plan.
· Collaborate with Hosts, ensuring everyone is engaged in the Brand plan.
What you'll need to succeed
We are ideally looking for an Established Junior Buyer looking to step up into a Buyer position, with experience within a fast paced Kids retailer.
· Has developed, implemented and reviewed a strategy and fully completed a trading cycle
· Experience of working on a good and poorly performing brand, taking corrective action when required
· Experienced in managing and developing a team
· Knowledge of jewellery manufacturing process and technical terms, sourcing and negotiation
· Has developed new ways of working
· Depth of knowledge of Jewellery within the retail industry, both high end and value, awareness of trends and
impact of potential threats and competitors
· Ability to think through and prioritise products and ranges in order of commercial potential
· Extrapolates the practical implications and processes involved in producing a product, from initiation to shop
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary + Car allowance + Benefits such as onsite parking and amazing staff discounts!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.