Support Engineer - Apple IOS - Intune - Oxford - £250 per day
This role is deemed inside IR35
A Leading Public Sector client currently require a Second Line ICT Engineer for an initial 3 - 6 month contract based in Oxford. The role will be paying up to £250 per day and the ideal candidate will have experience of Apple IOS and Microsoft Intune.
The Engineer will support the business in delivering an ICT transformation plan.
Key Technologies: Microsoft Intune, Apple IOS - Enterprise Deployments: MDM ; including Airwatch; Windows 7 Enterprise; Windows Server OS 2008R2 and Up; DHCP; DNS; Desktop Support in Enterprise Environment; 2nd Line Server Support; Anti Virus Packages - Windows Defender; Active Directory Support; Group Policy; DFS; LAN Support and Troubleshooting; Printing Support
- Proactive monitoring and management of data centre, networking or client devices environment to ensure maximum uptime, reporting any downtime in a timely manner to the ICT Operations Manager
- Work with other ICT teams to improve service delivery to the end user through a collaborative and structured approach to problem resolution.
- Involved in the ongoing development and documentation of ICT processes and procedures in line with the business corporate policy, objectives and goals.
- Build and management: of the development suite, to accommodate the testing of and development of new solutions and infrastructure changes.
- Ongoing development of processes to introduce automation of ICT processes wherever possible, through a range of technologies and services such as scripting.
- Manage own call-stack (support cases) for a range of data centre/network or client device related incidents or problems, prioritising and responding to as appropriate, and ensuring that SLA's (Service Level Agreements) are met.
- Ongoing maintenance of infrastructure monitoring agents to ensure efficient and proactive operation of systems reporting and alerting environment.
- Liaison with both internal departments and external companies relating to the upgrade, maintenance and application of fixes across the technology estate.
- Provide escalation support and technical lead in the absence of ICT managers.
- Represent the Operations team at meetings, forums and projects as appropriate
- Ongoing management of technology platforms to meet base-line requirements for both monitoring and daily operation.
- Maintain the risk register, where appropriate managing and alleviating risk and where possible resolving the risk. To be responsible for highlighting any major, or developing risks to the Operations Manager.
- Security role - controlling both local resource and remote access rights.
- Infrastructure build and provisioning across both the physical and virtual estate.
- Liaison with third-parties in the ongoing maintenance of a range of managed services.
- Day-to-day management of the enterprise directory and infrastructure services across supported environments.
- Documentation of processes for use across ICT departments by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide guidance and technical training to junior members of the operations and wider ICT team.
Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss this opportunity further by submitting your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959581545