Digital Transformation Technology Lead
Digital Transformation Lead - Surrey and Sussex Police - Lewes - up to £55k.
Your new company
Joining Sussex Police means you can be an integral part of helping to prevent crime and protect our community. Police staff carry out vital roles supporting frontline officers and provide an important contribution to our service to the public.
Sussex Police serves very diverse communities and covers a county of over one and a half million residents. In addition to this millions of visitors travel through Gatwick every year.
Your new role
As the Digital Transformation lead, you will work with the head of Digital Transformation to ensure that the organisations' requirements are met and are delivered as part of the overall IT programme.
- Act as a single point of contact within IT in relation to Digital Transformation activities, by engaging with and seeking support from other IT colleagues as and when required.
- Provide IT programme oversight and perform project management activities in-line with targeted Digital Transformation initiatives
- Ensure that appropriate IT resources are mapped adequately across the Digital Transformation programme.
- Work with Head of Digital Transformation to ensure that IT can support the digital capability roadmap and it can be delivered effectively and on schedule.
- Monitor and accounts for IT expenditure relating to Digital Transformation. Be able to make early identification of where costs may exceed planned budget and provides timely reports.
- Work with the IT Programme Management Office to ensure appropriate prioritisation of Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Lead, motivate and manage IT staff within the Digital Transformation Portfolio.
- Ensure that IT resource requirements to meet the needs of the Digital Transformation programme are monitored and optimised to meet current and planned activities.
- You will be accountable for the team staff revenue budget and IT equipment budget. Directing and advising on the initiatives which may require significant expenditure (typically between £1m-£5m).
What you'll need to succeed
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Solid experience of managing a digital programme in an IT environment.
- Strong, proven experience of successfully working on digital transformation and organisational change projects.
- Significant knowledge of IT Service Delivery Life-cycle.
You will also be confident with keeping abreast of the wide range of IT Change Activity locally, regionally and nationally as well as emerging digital capability and technical innovations in order to meet current and new financial and operational challenges.
You will have experience with challenging third-party suppliers to deliver improved service offerings on behalf of the organisation.
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive salary, Surrey and Sussex Police offer an enviable benefits package and a fantastic working environment.
The IT and Digital teams are making a real difference in the Force, and pride themselves on helping their community.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77733149