The Company:A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Garment Technologist to join a leading supplier of denim to various UK high street retailers. You will be involved in all stages of all processes ranging from product development, through to production and final delivery. You will ensure products meet required specification and standards providing technical advice and service to the Merchandisers, Account Managers and Design team to enable them to secure appropriate and feasible customer orders. This is a great opportunity to join a busy team with fast track development in a creative and highly skilled office and rapidly expanding company.
- Issuing all tech packs, fit comments and graded specs to the factory.
- Creating as well as interpreting specs, fits, grading and block.
- Answering queries concerning specs, quality and production issues in a timely manner.
- Providing feedback to the factories on sample specification and make up requirements.
- Measuring and checking all garments prior to fitting with the customer, developments, sealers and production.
- Attending all fit sessions with customers and advising on ways to improve construction and fit.
- Fitting of initial prototype samples and issue fit/make/safety comments back to supplier, as part of sealing process, progressing to sealing and pre-production as required.
- Undertaking risk analysis of all new and proposed styles with the Account Manager.
- Assisting with the re-engineering to meet price points when required and advising on appropriate construction methods to be used to keep garment within budget, whilst still ensuring optimum quality.
- Documenting all changes and fit adjustments, comments, and measurements systematically
- Analysis of customer returns data and reasons for return in order to take appropriate action for future orders.
- Analysis of faulty products to establish if any trend with manufacturing faults.
- Review pattern blocks for any fit review implementation as necessary.
- Quality Control and production- Working closely with factories to help resolve technical issues throughout the production process.
- Reviewing test reports submitted by the nominated testing houses and submitting to the customer for approval.
- Assessing faulty garments from the customer and discuss solutions with the factories on ways to resolve.
- Liaising with the processors if necessary to amend/check faulty garments
- Ensuring garments and products are ethical, safe and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Controlling the critical path to ensure that styles are sealed on time to achieve agreed customer delivery dates.
- Travelling to factories for technical and ethical audits.
- Carrying out regular factory visits for inspection of garment quality as measured by reference to the approved production sample.
- MUST have a minimum of 3-4 years working knowledge of denim/woven products.
- Be of of graduate calibre.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator across all levels.
- Able to maintain positive relationships with team members as well as external customers and suppliers.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77760103