Store Manager - 38 hours
We are a multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products; with 80+ stores in the UK and ROI. We have a thriving e-commerce presence, and a growing international trade department. From humble beginnings, we now employ over 850 people in the UK.
The key to our success is down to our passion for people and our commitment to running an ethical and sustainable company. Couple this with our fantastic designs, innovative products, attention to detail and never ending pursuit of high standards means we have built a company that makes us proud.
We may have grown into a major retailer but we haven’t forgotten our roots for providing quality and value for money. The passion we have for engaging with our customer means we are a business that can be trusted. We have a non-hierarchical outlook, which means our management teams must spend time helping out when all hands are needed on deck. Our success is very much a team effort.What we expect from you
- To ensure the smooth running of your store. This means leading and guiding your team to deliver exemplary levels of customer service at all times.
- No job will be too small for you and you will be able to motivate and influence a team to create a fun and lively environment for both customer and team.
- Training and development of your team will dominate a proportion of your daily duties. This will ensure product knowledge is always up to date and vital company information is provided to the team on a regular basis.
- Our retail teams are small, so the ability to organise rotas, delegate responsibilities fairly and ensure the welfare of the team is maintained are prerequisite skills.
- The daily health and welfare of the team is paramount to the success of your store; therefore you are expected to manage and control all HR policies in line with our guidelines and training.
- You will champion our multi-channel status and ensure your team introduces every sales channel accordingly.
- Our hygiene standards are exacting and as such you will need a keen eye for detail and ensure you maintain the cleanliness of your store. You will lead by example and take part in the cleaning rota alongside your team.
- Other day to day managerial stuff such as managing store forecasts, banking, managing stock levels; staff appraisals; to conducting stock takes, health and safety and the security of the store are all things you would be expected to organise.
- Previous experience as a Store Manager
- Previous retail experience
- Customer service and sales experience
- IT skills
- Ability to meet our customers needs
- Analytical ability
- Communication skills
- Decision making ability
- Staff development skills
- Ability to manage relationships
- Strategic ability
- Previous experience in a babywear/maternity environment
- Incremental holiday entitlement;
- Generous management bonus scheme;
- Monthly store incentive schemes;
- Area Manager monthly incentives;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- JoJo saving scheme;
- Great social events;
- Up to 40% discount off JoJo branded lines;
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77762688