We are currently recruiting for our market leading client based in Greenford. They are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to develop, support and maintain in-house network, server, storage and infrastructure systems. This includes monitoring all aspect, installing, diagnosing, maintaining and upgrading all infrastructure hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance and availability.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future infrastructure needs.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new systems.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Define technical specifications for acquisition of Servers, networking hardware and related products.
- Monitor systems and work proactively to deliver required service levels.
- Support and train IT staff on infrastructure issues as required.
Key Skills Required:
- University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Certifications in Microsoft, MCSE 2008 certified or higher, or well on way to completion.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Cisco and Dell systems.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre, including Desktop Imaging
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Hyper-V and SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012/2016
- Excellent understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP.
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies and troubleshooting.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77732398