Store Manager - Post Office - Henbury
Store Manager (Post Office) - Henbury
£18,500 to £24,000 + great benefits
We do things differently at the Co-op. We're not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.5million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We've gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years; we've rebranded, relaunched membership and we're exploring more ways to do business that's better for our members, customers and communities. As well as a strong product offering in our food stores, we've also got a great post office service in over 350 stores across the country. Our branches are an integral part to not just our business, but the local community too. If you can bring a combination of post office experience, as well as amazing customer service skills, we could offer you a chance to be part of an organisation that really does puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you'll be accountable for the entire post office operation. Reporting into the store manager, we'll look for you to lead a team of post office clerks- inspiring and developing them to do deliver an incredible service to our customers and members. You'll monitor team performance, making sure that colleagues understand the value of upselling our services at the kiosk, and ensuring that you're always looking to improve sales. As a manager, you'll be responsible for all the policy, procedure and compliance checks, and in a much regulated environment, it's vital that you and your colleagues uphold these.
What you'll do:
* develop, lead and inspire a team of post office clerks
* make sure the branch is compliant with operational policies and procedures
* report on balance, cash and sales
* plan and review branch resource requirements to meet customer needs
* drive commercial growth, engaging the team and communicating branch performance
* role model what great customer service looks like to our colleagues
* get involved within the local community
* support and build strong working relationships with colleagues in the food store
* help out within the store, particularly if there's post office requirements
To get going quickly, we'll look for you to have previous experience of working in a post office, and a deep understanding of policies and regulations. Your fantastic customer service and organisation skills will really set you up for success. As you'll be leading a team, you'll ideally have a great track record in managing or supervising a team, as well as helping to improve performance.
We'd love to hear from you if:
* you have lots of experience working in a post office environment
* you can show a strong understanding of policies, procedures and audit
* you've got a track record in driving sales, and improving commercial growth
* you really enjoy working in a customer facing environment
* you're flexible, approachable and motivated to deliver a great service
* you're passionate about working with the local community
* you're willing to support the food store when required
* you preferably have management or supervisory experience
173 years ago a group of pioneers in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary with an amazing bonus, great benefits and discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension too. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're committed to promoting equality and preventing discrimination at work. We know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We're looking to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can devote their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve. We're actively building diverse, inclusive teams, and we welcome applications from all people.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77751375