Head of IT Service Operations
Vitality, Head of IT Service Operations, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our Head of IT Service Operations will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- Access to great onsite facilities
As our Head of IT Service Operations you will be accountable for maintaining the IT Service and Operations offering through management of Service Continuity, Incident Prevention, Change management, Tooling, Processes and Supplier management. Managing tooling and reporting that will enable the identification of problems, enabling the team to resolve and also track dashboard alerts to avoid issues prior to occurrence.
Responsibilities as our Head of IT Service Operations include:
- Define a strategy for IT Operations and maintain a roadmap that aligns with the organisation
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instil a high performance culture with focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Set-up, manage and improve standards and procedures within the team. Ensure working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency.
- Continuous review and update of organisations Service Catalogue.
- Continuous development and review of in-house technologies to support customers and staff
- Monitor, motivate and improve service teams against agreed KPI's
- Ensure all key IT operations processes are mapped with supporting SOP documentation, drive service automation
- User productivity improvements including O365, Yammer, Skype, Teams amongst other
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the service desk, Desktop engineers and Service transition including Change Management
- Organising and leading regular IT Service Operations meetings with a range of stakeholders from inside and outside of the IT Department
- Ensuring incidents and requests are resolved to meet SLA targets
- Managing, tracking and resolving service issues, act as escalation point for Key Stakeholders
- Ensure service SLA’s are agreed and high level of urgency and focus is applied to the teams to deliver on these.
- Producing reports, dashboards and management information
- Manage Problems and Incidents from identification through to resolution according to ITIL standards
- Embed ITIL standard processes throughout service Operations
- Act as the conduit during the rectification process between all stakeholders (internal customers, suppliers and operations). Ensure all updates are communicated effectively
- Manage the performance of 3rd party suppliers according to agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Constantly look to improve the service provided by the in-house team and suppliers to the business
To become our Head of IT Service Operations, you will have the below skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience with Service Transition and Change management best practices
- Certified Service Management ITIL with solid experience in delivering outstanding customer service
- Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean/Kaizen qualified –Advantageous
- Experience of training, performance management and staff development within teams
- Excellent people management skills and customer service manner
- Strong technical problem solving skills and experience
- Ability to design and implement service improvement plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with automation to support scalability and growth
Working for Vitality as a Head of IT Service Operations, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Head of IT Service Operations,, please click ‘apply’ today.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77760960