Clinical Domiciliary Optometrist | Plymouth | Salary up to £80,000 pa OTE
Are you looking for a new role; maybe just a change of scenery and/or a more clinical environment? Keep reading!
This fantastic opportunity is based in the Plymouth area and promises to be the next big step in your career. Our client is looking for someone fully qualified with a BSc or Master’s degree in Optometry. You will ideally have commercial Optometry experience and understand how best to diagnose, advise on, and assist with optical abnormalities.
You will have the freedom to share your clinical and commercial experience with your colleagues as you coach, motivate and inspire them. If you haven’t already proven your leadership/management ability, bring the right attitude and my client will get you where you need to go.
Career Progression and Pathways
Career development is all about knowing where you want to be and where you would like to end up! That is why this position is so exciting for the right candidate. My client will help you take the right steps to get where you want to be-. If that's a leadership role, a more clinically orientated position or a training role. In an industry with typically fewer progression opportunities, it’s exciting to know my client is here to change that!
You will have the opportunity to apply for internal roles, such as:
- Professional Services Optometrist
- Clinical Services Optometrist
- Commerical Training Manager
- Optometry Trainer
- Clinical Advisory Roles
You will have full access to online training, which provides all your learning materials in one convenient place for simple, self-driven learning. As we learn best together, the online training resource provides plenty of opportunities for working collaboratively, including forum discussions, access to blogs and learning material contributions.
Independent Prescribing & CET
Did you know the number of Independent Prescribing Optometrists in the UK is increasing? It’s excellent news and can only bring a better clinical experience to patients! My client is looking at helping more high-street Optometrists gain the IP qualification; they can offer sponsorship, part and full, for the course and can give paid time off, allowing you to be the best you can be.
Continuous Education and Training (CET) is a major part of an Optometrist’s development and, as usual, my client doesn’t let that slip. To support your ongoing professional development, they run annual CET conferences and regional peer reviews/discussion events.
Vision Aid Overseas
Want to get involved with VAOS? My client enables Optometrists to take paid gaps out of their daily routine and get involved with the charity.
What are the benefits?
What is to like about working for our client? Perhaps some of the below reasons will help you to understand what great opticians and business they are running. It’s quite a long list…
• Support network – We all need a little support now and again. Be that with clinical or management support, my client is always on hand to lend some much-needed support/training. You’ll have an extensive network of supportive colleagues, including field-based Professional Service Optometrists, a regional training team and a dedicated professional standards team based at their main Head Office. These colleagues are there to help you throughout the process and through every stage of your career progression!
• Flexible working – My client is fully aware of how hard it can be to juggle home and work life. That is why they are offering flexible working arrangements to help you to balance your work and domestic responsibilities more effectively.
• Professional people need professional equipment – Another great part of working in this role is the amazing equipment and tools my client offers! They continually invest in state of the art ophthalmic equipment to improve your working life and ensure they offer the best possible experience for their patients/customers.
• Professional fees paid + indemnity insurance – Professional registration is critical for all Optometrists to work in my client’s practices so they’ll pay your GOC and professional indemnity fees.
• Sick pay – Their sick pay scheme ensures that you’re supported if you can’t work due to illness or injury, which is reassuring during such difficult times.
What’s on offer?
My client offers a variety of benefits and perks, based on service and experience. We have detailed just some of the many benefits they provide:
• Market Leading Salary – My client offers the very best rate of pay for all Optometrists to maintain their competitiveness in the industry. This means you can always be assured that you’re being rewarded fairly when compared with peers and other retailers. As you progress as an Optometrist within the company, your pay will rise too.
• Pension – In addition to a great salary, you can rest assured that your pension will keep growing whilst you work! My client has always encouraged Optometrists to plan for their future, that is why they offer flexible and affordable pension arrangements, which are open to all colleagues after three months’ service and include company contributions and life cover/assurance policy.
• Annual Leave – All Optometrists start with a generous 33 days’ holiday per annum (including eight bank holidays), which can also increase with service. Optometrists also have the option to buy back between four to ten days’ holiday on an annual basis, enabling you to boost your salary!
• Monday to Friday - No weekends!
More about Your World Healthcare
Your World Healthcare is a specialist supplier of healthcare professionals to the NHS and private sector throughout the UK. We understand Optometrists because we’ve been listening to their professional needs and placing them into great Optometry jobs in the UK for over a decade.
We supply to 280 NHS Trusts and CCGS, and 338 private healthcare organisations within the UK. Last year, Your World provided our candidates with over 3 million hours of work!
To apply for this Optometry job, click apply now! Not found what you’re looking for? Why not ask us about our other exciting roles? Call today on 020 7220 0824 or email Tom Peppiatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.