Clinical Educator - Intensive Care
As our Clinical Practice Educator you will develop an educational strategy and programme that promotes a high quality clinical service within ICU. You will work in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Manager and the Intensive Care Consultants to deliver and develop the services provided by the Cromwell
The adult Intensive Care Unit is a 10 bedded General ICU, led by a dedicated team of consultant intensivists and Nursing staff. With the latest technology and equipment, you will provide 1:1 critical care for level 2 and 3 patients. The unit aims to deliver safe, high quality care whilst providing a supported environment to the nursing team.
For more information about this position or for an informal chat, please contact Louise on 07850 509 065
Who we're looking for
- NMC Registration
- Intensive care/critical care course
- Educated to degree level
- Postgraduate Teaching qualification - NMC registration
- Masters degree or working towards
- ENB Mentorship (or equivalent)
- Expert clinical skills
- Evidence of structured classroom / clinical teaching.
- Knowledgeable in the field of clinical education, able to assess learning needs of individuals and make appropriate plans to meet these needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stake holders, staff, patients and Extensive knowledge in critical care nursing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of the critical care nursing team by taking the lead and responsibility for their development and ensuring that they receive appropriate training and mentorship
- Ensure professional consistency throughout the department by maintaining a consistent approach when supporting the management of nursing performance and competence.
- Provide expert support and advice to the clinical areas in respect of professional issues NMC Code of Conduct, Standards for Learning in Clinical Practice, Re-validation, Professional development and their implementation in the critical care area.
- Develop competencies for all levels of nursing staff, including clinical supervision, direct observational procedure sign off, clinical work records and programmes to support local clinical induction and role development.
- Improve the clinical skills of all staff in the critical care nursing team by working with the Clinical Nurse Manager and team leaders to review and implement the core competencies for the nursing workforce.
- Implement the strategic nursing vision (including the educational strategy) by ensuring nursing processes and decisions facilitate a 'patient first' philosophy and incorporate all aspects of the identified corporate nursing values.
- Jointly work with the Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that education bids are fully developed and reflect the identified learning needs throughout the department. Ensure that training and education provided meets the needs of patient care, and prepares staff for future changes in service delivery.
Why work for us?
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.