Senior Technical Architect - Sharepoint
Location: Birmingham or Hook
Salary: Up to £80,000 per annum + car + 25 days annual leave
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Be it in our operation of trains, prisons, air traffic control, satellites, military bases, hospitals and much more, our purpose is to be a trusted partner of governments, delivering superb public services that transform outcomes and make a positive difference for our fellow citizens.
Our culture is based on a set of four values - Trust, Care, Innovation, and Pride - that shape our individual behaviours and hence the way the company behaves.
Due to a consistent increase in IT Services (ITS) demand from the wider Serco business, we are looking to add to a long standing and stable team by recruiting an additional Senior Technical Architect. The role will be aligned to one of our UK offices (Hook or Birmingham) and you will need to travel and spend time at other Serco locations as needed. As a Senior Technical Architect, you will own the technical engagement on corporate IT and customer projects to architect and design solutions that deliver business outcomes across Serco and its customers.
How will you spend your days?
- Produce the necessary architecture specification ensuring that the respective components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable.
- Be accountable for the infrastructure integrity within an IT solution context, whilst managing design dependencies and impacts of change.
- Assist the Solution Architect to ensure the infrastructure components are aligned to the target operational and architectural models.
- Lead the architecture and design on medium and large sized programmes, projects or bids, ensuring that the network infrastructure components support the overall solution architecture needs/business requirements, and is both affordable and supportable.
- Perform product selection activity and analyse/explain the risks involved in adopting certain technology solutions
- Produce or tailor standard designs to meet client needs whilst maintaining recognised industry and/or Serco standards.
- Raise and resolve issues with suppliers, designers and implementers
- Contribute significantly to more complex solutions and may lead implementation of components within the design.
Who we’d like to meet…
We are seeking an experienced infrastructure professional, someone who is specialising in Microsoft collaboration and document management solutions such as SharePoint (online and on premise) and OneDrive for Business. You will also have considerable technical experience in Azure and the broader suite of Microsoft Office 365 services as well.
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online) covering design, content migration and configuration
- SharePoint On-Premise covering design, content migration and configuration
- Windows Azure covering architecture and management (IaaS and PaaS)
As a Senior Technical Architect (Collaboration), you’ll have:
- Defined and owned components of collaboration and document management solutions and will have taken responsibility for high-level design work within major projects
- Previous career experience of low-level design in specialist areas
- Demonstrable ability to assess risk and negotiate on issues such as cost, quality and timescales.
- An ability to analyse the customer`s technical requirements and able to design solutions aligning [where possible] to Serco strategic intent/direction.
- Architected a number of solutions for customers seeing it through to implementation.
- Worked as a technical lead or been involved in multiple projects or part of a wider programme at the same time
- An ability to provide input into the project planning phase
- Recognised architectural certification (or equivalent experience) i.e., TOGAF 9 or BCS Certificate in Enterprise & Solution Architecture etc.
- Recognised certification in an Enterprise Architecture modelling language (ArchiMate)
- Possess industry recognised architectural certifications in their respective areas of domain expertise i.e. Microsoft SharePoint, Azure, O365 etc.
SC Security Cleared or ability to obtain clearance.
What you'll get in return:
In return, as well as offering a competitive salary, we will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development via Serco`s architecture academy and regular career progression sessions
What we hope you will do next:
If you think you meet our requirements go to our www.serco.com/careers and submit a covering letter together with a CV in one document. Please ensure that your covering letter clearly demonstrate your soft skills and why you think you would be fantastic candidate for this role.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77742364