Registered Children's Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Saxon Clinic has a vacancy for a Registered Children's Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Paediatric department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. The department opening hours are 7am-9pm.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
- Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
- Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
- Aware of NMC code of Accountability
- Basic workload / shift management skills
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
- Basic Paediatric Life Support
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Post-registration clinical course / qualification desirable
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team. To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- To carry out pre-assessments for paediatric patients who have been booked for an elective procedure.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the emergency paediatric equipment is checked on a daily basis and meets required guidelines, escalating to the Nurse in charge any deficits.
- To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.