Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
Are you a Field Service Engineer who is bored of your daily routine, have a passion for technology, guru in the automation sector, keen to enhance your skills, likes solving a problem and a people person full of energy?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join our team of engineers who take great pride in their work and have a passion building upon long term relationships with customers.
In this role you will provide field servicing and maintenance to hi-tech large automated machinery including support of associated computer systems across the UK. You will be organised, be enthusiastic, committed and ready to take responsibility for coordinating and managing your own time to ensure service calls are prioritized and followed through to completion. Hence leaving a positive experience with our client. You will be home based and will be required to visit client's sites as scheduled.
- Working in partnership with existing team of engineers, you will demonstrate a high level of competence in most engineering disciplines.
- Provide planned routine maintenance to all systems including associated computer systems in accordance with written schedules and procedures.
- Carry out all duties in a professional and courteous manner whilst promoting an interest in the company at all times.
- Manage effective stock control and timely completion of all service administration tasks as required.
- Provide customer training and instruction as required.
- Acting as a key point of contact to all customers in the appointed region, generally being an ambassador for the company.
Knowledge and Skills (desirable but not essential:
- High value large automated machinery in a service or maintenance engineering environment.
- Computers, Servers, UPS software and hardware maintenance in windows environment, including Data Basis, and Networking.
- Test and fault finding on AC/DC circuits and able to read and understand circuit diagrams.
- Servo motors, 3 phase motors, stepper motors, inverters and drives.
- Siemens S7 (step 7) PLC control systems operation, fault finding and modification
- Pneumatic Systems to include vacuum pumps, pneumatic actuators and compressors.
- Optical wireless and IP cameras, Sensors, Lasers, Scanners, and Ultrasound sensors.
- Previous experience within the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Must have minimum ONC, HNC or above in relevant engineering discipline in Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- 3 years minimum Field service experience
- Strong customer facing skills
- Ability to work independently, and to carry out all duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Willing to travel and stay away from home as required. This could be at short notice and must be considered as part of the job. On occasions there will be a need to stay in hotel accommodation as needed.
- Must have a clean driving license.
In return for your commitment, you will enjoy a competitive remuneration package, contributory pension and life insurance. You will also benefit from professional training and development, with relevant support to achieve your career objective.
If the role is not suited to you but currently seeking a new opportunity, please provide a contactable number and a good time to call you.
We operate a refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself up to £1000! Please enquire for further details
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77739390