Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Working in our modern, state of the art premises, you will be responsible for carrying out professional and cost-effective vehicle panel repairs on prestige vehicles and replacements ensuring high quality standards are met and that customer satisfaction remains a priority.
- Removing damaged panels and repairing damaged chassis and panels
- Maintaining logs of work carried out and informing the estimator of any additional work required
- Maintaining a high quality of work in body metal preparation, repairs and replacements
- Provide detailed verbal and/or written reports on methodology of work completed to internal and external auditors on a daily basis, seeking clarity on specific vehicle repair methodology when required
- Create a trust-based relationship between customer and company
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understanding of and adherence to Health & Safety legislation including COSHH requirement
- An organised, systematic and resilient approach to work
- Ability to works efficiently within manufacturers' time allowances
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in using up to date repair equipment, repair methods and body repair techniques
- A working knowledge of automotive systems and the specific materials required for the repair process.
- Honest and diligent approach to work with the ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality of work.
- Must have completed a Panel technician modern apprenticeship or equivalent
- A full and valid UK driving licence
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.