Currently seeking ambitious individual to join an IT Team If you consider yourself an IT Guru, then we want to hear from you!!
Air-serv is a US-owned company, turnover in the UK is £30m, staff 125, based at Redgate Road, South Lancs Industrial Estate, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, Lancs, WN4 8DT. It supplies air compressors, vacuum cleaners and jet washes to garage forecourts in the UK. Customers include Morrisons, Sainsburys, etc, as well as the big fuel multiples. The company is growing rapidly by acquisition as well as organically. The finance department has a staff of 12 people, reporting to Simon Pope, Chief Financial Officer Europe.
AIR-serv forms part of a larger group, CSC Serviceworks, with revenue of $1.3bn and 3,000 staff. There are operations in the US (parent company), Canada, UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain and the Republic of Ireland. The ultimate holding company is Pamplona Private Capital LLC.
A very dynamic and friendly company with a mixed age range. Located in Ashton-in-Makerfield near Wigan, this company is located on a business park with some public transport. They are a business that are very keen on staff progression.
- Provide a helpful professional first line support services to customers
- Predefined daily/Weekly/Monthly maintenance checks and tasks
- Work from an internal IT Helpdesk system (Manage Engine)
- Perform required analysis and research to successfully resolve service requests
- Check and respond to alerts reported by the companies monitoring system
- Liaise with external technology vendors as required
- To keep the customer informed at all times about the status or progress of their request
- Excellent communication skills and a good telephone manner
- A passion for technology and customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive rather than reactive with a can-do attitude
- Desirable Experience: the ideal candidate will have IT experience and a working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Office 365 Word/ Outlook/Excel/ Power-Point /Access
Other skills - desirable but not essential
- MS SQL
- Microsoft Exchange
- Network Hardware, Anti-Virus, Antimalware and Backup Solutions
- VMWare / Hyper V
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Progression opportunities within the business.
- Pay review on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- £10,000 - £12,000 (depending on knowledge and experience)
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959587172