Housing Enforcement Officer - HMO Licensing
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen with one of my clients, a Local Authority in North-East London, for an experienced Environmental Health Officer, Housing Technician or Housing Enforcement Officer to assist their Private Sector Housing team for an initial 4 month period.
The Council are seeking an Environmental Health practitioner specialsing in Housing but are also open to candidates with a strong Housing Enforcement background who are experienced with HMO Licensing and familiar with all the legislation.
Your duties would include:
* Making HHSRS inspections in accordance with the Housing Act 2004
* Licensing HMO properties in line with the legislation and council policies
* Undertaing enforcement action when necessary to ensure that the health & safety of the property is brought up to the housing standards that the council deems appropriate
* Delivering Private Sector Renewal programmes, grants and initiatives as in accordance with the 2003 Regulatory Reform Housing Assistance Order 2002
* Collating evidence to assist in investigations against rogue landlords including preparation of written cases and serving notifications
About you: An up to date knowledge of Housing and Environmental legislation is essential. You will have at least 1 year's hands on experience dealing HMO Licensing and EHORB registration or a CIEH membership is preferable but not essential.
This is an urgent requirement so please don't hesitate in sending an up to date CV across!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77727373