IT Platform Services Manager
Vitality, IT Platform Services Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Our IT Platform Services Manager will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- A genuine long-term opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
- Our award winning private medical insurance
- A comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- Vitality Partners and Rewards
- Access to great onsite facilities
As our IT Platform Services Manager you will ensure that all Infrastructure platform services, made up of Servers (Virtual or Physical), Storage platforms, Backup platforms & shared responsibility for data centre are performance and capacity measured, managed and continually improved and retain a steady and productive business as usual state.
Responsibilities as our IT Platform Services Manager include:
- Set priorities and develop a product road map for Platform services within Vitality. This involves communicating between users, internal and external parties and those building and maintaining the Platform.
- Implementing the above roadmap with the team, ensuring a clear programme of work
- Managing spend, preparing and adhering to budgets.
- Manage contractors to reach agreement on conflicting priorities.
- Lead on a number of specific responsibilities act as point of escalation.
- Leadership and the management of a team of 3rd parties, reviewing and agreeing service improvements
- Build and manage capacity models for Platform services
- Working with Production support and Architecture to manage future need requirements.
- Making technology decisions for the Platform services
- Driving the procurement of third party services and products from commercial frameworks e.g. AWS Cloud
- Working with Dev Ops teams to ensure that operational and infrastructure needs are covered for digital service delivery
- Managing incident responses and subsequent reviews
- Managing security operations of the Platform
- Define and manage technical services catalogue for Platform service
- Identify service improvement opportunities, identified through Vitality Assist stats and 3rd parties
To become our IT Platform Services Manager, you will have the below skills and experience:
- ITIL foundation/practitioner qualifications
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical discipline, although relevant work experience will be acceptable
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint, with Project & Visio
- Demonstrable Public Cloud experience
- Certified VMWare, EMC
- Demonstrable track record of managing PAAS within an ITIL-oriented framework
- Good knowledge of datacentre operations is essential
- Experience of successfully managing third party delivery relationships
- Outstanding people manager
- Decision maker with Operational outlook
- Thorough practical knowledge of IT Operations and Service management principles and processes
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A naturally good communicator, able to remain calm under pressure and focused on delivery of solutions
- Experience of working within deadlines, operating in a high pressure environment
- Team player, including the ability to provide technical leadership and guidance
- A positive and customer focused outlook
- ITIL v2 or v3 Service Manager’s Certificate
- Service Now knowledge an advantage
- Prince 2, APM, MSP or other suitable Project/Programme Management Qualification
- Detailed understanding of the financial services sector with insurance knowledge an advantage
Working for Vitality as an IT Platform Services Manager, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our IT Platform Services Manager, please click ‘apply’ today.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77762008