£14.00 - £20.00 per hour.
Avionics Technician needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading defence technology company.
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (Must hold a British passport ONLY)
Purpose of the Avionics Technician:
Carries out maintenance and repair tasks on aircraft and aircraft components within trade specialisation
Some of the main duties the Avionics Technician will include:
* Works within competencies and authorisations as agreed with department management
* Is supervised by an appropriate Task Manager / Chargehand, works within limits of instructions given by that supervisor, and advises him/her of any matters arising outside the agreed parameters
* Ensures approved tools and equipment provided is used for the proper purpose and applies local Tool Control regime
* Conducts peer training when required, within competency range
* Each work area will have specific Health & Safety, Quality and Security instructions and protocols, ensures app applicable aspects are observed on task
* Works flexibly when given work within competency and experience
* Completes accurate Resource Recording returns within local time limits
* Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing customer requirements
What you need to be the successful Avionics Technician:
Apprenticeship in an aircraft engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
* NVQs in engineering, or equivalent
* Human Factors experience
* Qualification courses on aircraft type or associated
* Good people management skills
* Good team working skills
* Good communications skills
* Computer literate, and familiarity with specific aircraft maintenance systems
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Avionics Technician to progress their career within the defence industry.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77700469