Job Title: Commercial Underwriter
Job Sector: General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Up to £42,000 (dependent upon experience, negotiable) plus benefits
Job Ref: IM/19621
Are you an accomplished Commercial Underwriter who is shackled with restrictive authority, and is looking for an opportunity to thrive in a frontline, fast paced environment?
Our client, an innovative and progressive Insurance Provider are looking to recruit a dynamic and ambitious self-starter to promote growth in the commercial insurance underwriting market, following an unprecedented period of growth.
A talented and ambitious individual is sought to help shape the future of an already successful business, in this high profile position. If you have an impressive track record of success in your current job, but may feel unrewarded both professionally and financially then this is the opportunity to drive your career forward.
- Build and maintain relationships with brokers to help secure business under SME Package and Commercial Combined contracts.
- Deal with New Business enquiries, renewal and mid-term adjustments by producing terms and converting/retaining acceptable business.
- The ability to work towards development targets whilst maintaining an acceptable loss ratio to maintain profitability of the overall account.
- Monthly reporting on account performance.
- Inviting and following up on renewals, ensuring a high level of retention.
- Cancellation, NTU and MTA processing
- Point of reference for all underwriting queries from client brokers.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience of underwriting a range of Commercial Combined or Package business.
- You will have a keen eye for detail and excellent risk perception.
- You will have the ability to establish and develop high-level business relationships and be confident in your own ability.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential.
- A strong team player.
- ACII qualification or progression towards it would be an advantage, however a willingness to achieve professional standing is important.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.