Academic Instructor - Science
To provide learning support to individual students or groups in class & to undertake the teaching of groups under direction.
Salary: £23,218 - £24,175 pa pro rata
Contract: 15 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
We anticipate the hours for this role being as follows:
Mondays - all day
Tuesday - 9:00am-12:00pm
Thursday - all day
1. Support mainly Level 1 and Level 2 individual students or groups on programmes of study and having a consideration of the understanding of learning difficulties and how to adapt teaching.
2. Support students in class with their work, as directed by the class lecturer.
3. Impart relevant subject knowledge and skills to individual students as required.
4. Support the team covering classes for short periods of staff absences.
5. Take responsibility for marking sections/modules of coursework, under the direction of the lecturer.
6. Monitor and report student progress and complete annual student tracking sheets.
7. Assist students in access arrangements for exams.
8. Assist at enrolment and college progression days.
9. Attend review meetings with course teachers and personal tutors.
10. Liaise with the Additional Support Team.
It is essential that you hold a Level 3 qualification in the subject specialism for the role, along with a Level 2 or higher qualification in English and Maths.
A Level 4 teaching qualification is also essential.
For further information, please refer to the job description. details will be sent when you press APPLY.
We are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the UK's best performing colleges and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension schemes.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS check which is currently £44.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces
Closing Date: 2nd January 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed