Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Beaumont Hospital in Bolton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
The theatre team at BMI the Beaumont Hospital prides itself on the outstanding quality of care it delivers to our patients. Staff are supported with opportunities to develop their skills utilising both internal and external training courses offered to support safe practice.
All of our theatre lists are staffed according to AFPP recommendations, and we run theatre lists 6 days a week between 08:00 and 20:00.
Our hospital has 3 operating theatres, 14 inpatient beds, a newly opened ambulatory care unit furnished with a combination of trolleys and chairs to optimise utilisation whilst, maintaining patient comfort for their duration of stay with us.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Attractive salary is on offer for the right candidate between £30,000-£32,000.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification. (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
BMI Healthcare offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Free staff parking
- Excellent local public transport links with a bus stop 2min walk away and train station within one mile.
- Flexible working patterns with opportunities of overtime
- Broad range of career progression opportunities in leadership, nursing and clinical specialities.
- Being a valued team member at the UK’s largest provider of private healthcare
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We have many Theatre positions available including Anaesthetics roles. Please visit www.bmihealthcarejobs.co.uk for more information