A new opportunity has arisen for a full time Nurse Practitioner/Prescriber to join our fantastic team at Pinches Medical.
As a Nurse Practitioner/Prescriber, you will be vital to the business success; assessing, diagnosing, treating and discharging patients autonomously every day. As well as ordering investigations and interpreting results, you’ll be responsible for providing an excellent standard of patient care and health promotion for our patients.
You will be an integral part of the medical team, conducting clinics independently at our new satellite clinic based in the centre of Macclesfield Cheshire, completing administrative tasks (prescriptions, referrals, pathology results). You will need to be flexible in your approach and willing to work weekends and evenings.
- Manage patients’ acute and chronic health needs.
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective and plan care accordingly.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence based practice.
- Make accountable, professional and autonomous decisions and provide safe, evidence based, individualised patient care.
- Where necessary, evaluate patient test results in conjunction with the patient and their GP and ensure the appropriate course of treatment is initiated.
- Promote health and well-being, giving general education advice on healthy eating, family planning, smoking cessation, chronic disease management and promoting healthy lifestyle.
- Wound care and assessment and management.
- Initiate and carry out programmes of health screening as agreed with the practice clinical team.
- Provide specialist clinical skills where trained to do so.
Development (professional and service)
- Help the practice develop and deliver specialist primary nurse led services including chronic disease management. Initiate the role of diagnosis for patients suspected to have a chronic disease e.g. diabetes, COPD, asthma and CHD, in conjunction with the GP.
- Be prepared to develop new clinical skills as required by the practice.
- Maintain annual professional registration in accordance with the Nurse and Midwifery Council guidelines and give copy of annual re-registration to the Practice Manager.
- Keep up to date with pertinent health policy and work with the practice team to consider the impact and strategies for implementation.
- Attend and contribute to relevant internal and external meetings as required including practice clinical meetings and nurse team meetings.
- Maintain and check accurate readings of equipment used in the practice, such as defib, emergency drugs, fridge temperatures and other equipment.
- Maintain accurate documentation and ensure all consultations and investigations are recorded in patient records, ensuring all data protection requirements are met when gathering, recording and storing patient data.
- Liaise and maintain good working relationships with all members of the practice team. Work collaboratively with colleagues both internally and externally.
- Treat all staff with a courteous manner mindful of their need for dignity and respect.
- Any other duties as directed within the scope of the job.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An Adult Nursing Qualification
- A recognised Nurse Practitioner degree level or equivalent and experience or evidence of independent practice
- Have extensive recent experience in acute / primary care nursing
- Be competent in telephone advice and triage service
- Have recent experience of face-to-face patient care
- Nurse Independent Prescriber qualification
For more information on Pinches Medical, please visit the website:
We have a full time, permanent position that is 37.5 hours per week.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Pinches Medical, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
To express your interest in applying for the position, please click the APPLY button