Robert half are working on behalf of a respected retail business based in Radstock. They are looking for a Finance Assistant to support the UK retail finance team. The role will predominately be focused on financial controls and reconciliations, allowing the individual to take ownership of a fast-growing, dynamic part of the business. The role will help to strengthen, develop strong commercial awareness, core financial controls and management accounts preparation. This position will develop into an Assistant Management Accountant position over a 12-18 month period.
Responsible for full digital cash and bank reconciliations
- Data import into finance system
- Organising retail daily sales paperwork
- Monitoring and ordering of store consumables
- Monitoring distance selling threshold and registrations
- Preparing information for distance selling VAT returns
- Turnover rents reconciliations
- Turnover certificates
- Support senior Management Accountant with month end prep
- Responding to adhoc retail queries
- Petty cash reconciliations
- AAT or equivalent qualification/part qualification preferred.
- Previous experience in retail sector is preferable.
- Strong Excel and analytic skills
Salary & Benefits
- Study Support for ACCA or CIMA
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement