We are currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for our market leading client based in Greenford. They are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible in developing, supporting and maintaining the in-house network, server, storage and infrastructure systems.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future infrastructure needs.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new systems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of server and network hardware and server operating system and application software.
- Define technical specifications for acquisition of Servers, networking hardware and related products.
- Support and train IT staff on infrastructure issues as required.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot server hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors as required.
Key Skills Required:
- University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Cisco and Dell systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as servers, data switches, computers and peripherals.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77752757