Pattern Cutter - Creative Manual
Our client is a London based fast fashion supplier to leading High Street and Online Retailers. They are looking for an experienced Creative Manual Pattern Cutter to join their team.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- To produce first patterns.
- Liaise with the design team in order to develop and alter first fit samples to specifications.
- To create workbooks.
- To maintain awareness of current trends and high street products.
- To attend fitting sessions and meeting with buyers.
- To work closely with Designers, Sample Machinists and Technologists
- Following samples from first fit to final seal.
- Providing technical finishing ideas.
- Giving the directions for the machinists,
- Checking the cloth with the designers and putting the garment to be cut.
- Good solutions for finishing the garment and how to make the garment easier for production.
- Amending patterns following comments and pictures of the garment.
- 3-5 years experience working for a busy high street supplier within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manually create/cut first patterns.
- Competent at pattern cutting to production level.
- Strong understanding of trends and Designer requirements.
- Good commercial awareness and knowledge of garment construction.
- Ability to work successfully within a team to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Fabric knowledge.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77721740