IT Security Manager
IT Security Manager, CISSP, ISO27001, ITIL, Information Governance, Network Security, Coventry, Permanent
Due to my clients expansion plans an interesting opportunity has arisen for an IT Security Manager to join them on a permanent basis in Coventry.
The IT Security Manager will have ownership and day to day management responsibility over the IT Security services and associated policies and processes for the Group.
This role will also be responsible for the managing the development and on-going implementation of the organisations information/cyber security strategy and objectives, as well as implementing and improving procedures and processes to optimise information security effectiveness.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To take an active role in managing and leading the end to end IT Security Service, providing 'hands on' assistance and guidance to the IT Security Analyst and colleagues where required
- To act as technical advisor to business stakeholders, ensuring security requirements are considered in new projects and business change.
- Achieve desired information security capability maturity by identifying relevant security industry practices and partnering across the organisation to implement improvement projects which mitigate risk and/or improve services
- To continue to progress and adapt the 'Adaptive Security Model' concept to ensure its continued relevancy in protecting the Group against the current threat landscape
- Assist Information Governance in defining the enterprise-wide data protection strategy and drive short and long term efforts to achieve an approach that is consistent with Orbit's risk appetite
- Responsible for the management and development of the Information Security technical controls relating to ISO27001:2013
- Attend quarterly Information Security Forum meetings and provide relevant and accurate information to the Group.
- Work closely with both Information Governance and Project Management Office teams to ensure Information Security best practices are embedded fully within the Project Management Framework
- Develop relationships and engage with industry partners, Security Information Exchanges, and other groups to assess industry advances in technical security technologies and emerging threats
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years' experience managing an enterprise-grade IT Security infrastructure
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent professional certification, such as SSCP or CISM
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Knowledge of and experience of ISO27001
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Proven ability to discuss and explain technical concepts to business stakeholders and influence decision makers
- Proven track record of implementing and improving information security practices and controls in areas including Data Protection, Identity and Access Management, Incident Response, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Secure SDLC
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, as well as security technologies and methods used to protect both corporate and customer-facing network infrastructures.
Demonstrable technical knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Firewall/VPN, Intrusion Protection Systems, Antivirus, Patching systems, Vulnerability Assessment, Web and email filtering, SSL Management, Encryption technologies and Cryptography, SIEM/Log Management, Web Application Firewall, Network Monitoring solutions, Malware detection systems
- Must be able to work independently and as a leader to develop and execute strategies and consult with internal and external clients on advanced security topics
- Willing and able to travel
- Knowledge of and experience in applying security and control frameworks such as NIST and COBIT.
- Knowledge of and experience addressing security compliance requirements such as PCI
- Knowledge of and experience of applying security controls in a Public Cloud environment, such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services; CCSP certification
- Knowledge of and experience of wider Infrastructure architecture and design frameworks such as TOGAF
What you'll get in return?
My client are offering a salary between £53000 - £57000 Per Annum + an excellent pension scheme and other benefits you would find in a substantive package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77752144