UX & UI Front End Developer
Equiniti is looking for an experienced UX Developer, to play a key role in supporting the development and delivery of a number of key strategic products to support execution of the Equiniti Digital Technology Strategy. The successful candidate will initially be responsible for taking UX/UI ownership of several existing enterprise products (which are being actively developed) covering a wide range of business domains. Working across multiple product development teams, you will assist them in moving towards consistency and sharing best-practice on UX/UI design and development, working organically towards a common UI framework to speed up development and issue resolution.
Reporting to the Technical Director and Product Managers, you will ensure that interfaces are of a professional ‘best in class’ standard, adhere to appropriate corporate and web standards, and support an over-arching UX strategy (which you will contribute to the development of).
As an integral member of several product teams, you will have responsibility for designing and implementing front-end interfaces for business products. These will ordinarily be web-technology interfaces accessed via desktop, tablet and (increasingly) mobile, but may occasionally include designing for native applications (development of these is not part of this role).
As a UX & UI Front End Developer you will be responsible for;
- Designing and developing modern, accessible front-end interfaces for enterprise software as part of several multi-skilled product development team.
- Developing desktop/tablet/mobile interfaces and applications using responsive-web design.
- Working alongside application developers to keep development focussed on user needs and quality-assure implementation.
- Taking the lead within a development team on ensuring UI is standards-compliant, performant, maintainable, accessible and cross-browser compatible as required.
- Documenting and testing your code, and preparing test scenarios/packages for third party testing on occasion. Also debugging and issue resolution where the UI is involved.
- Maintain and develop existing product UIs alongside product teams, whilst working towards a wider UI/UX strategy.
- Supporting the UX process through prototyping and wireframing of proposals prior to implementation.
As a successful candidate you will possess;
- Substantial experience using related tools/frameworks, including LESS/SASS, jQuery, and Bootstrap
- Experience using Axure, Omnigraffle (or similar) for prototyping, wireframes and validating ideas.
- Demonstrable experience and comfort working in an Agile environment, working in multiple product teams simultaneously.
- Detailed understanding of cross-browser and cross-device issues, including limited support for legacy browsers.
- Awareness of accessibility standards (WAI-ARIA, screen readers etc) and the importance of accessibility in products.
- Some experience using appropriate UX techniques (workshops, interviews, ethnographic studies etc) to develop understanding of problems and identify solutions.
- Interest in and willingness to present well-formed arguments in support/rejection of new techniques, tools and technologies in response to industry developments.
- Experience managing large CSS (or LESS/SASS) frameworks.
- Experience with single page applications.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio (Web Essentials) and source control (e.g. GIT/TFS).
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques.
- Experience sourcing and managing related UI assets (including icons, images, fonts, etc).
- Experience with user testing, workshops, and other ‘UX design’ related skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77739884