Business Intelligence Manager - Healthcare & Nutrition
Business Intelligence (BI) & analytics specialist / manager for leading consumer R&D company - Gloucestershire
Your new company
Is a leading international company focused on R&D and scientific activities for blue chip clients within the nutrition and consumer industries.
They are looking to build a highly integrated Business Intelligence (BI) function within the company to help drive their business forward, and require an experienced and talented individual to set this up.
Your new role
You will be an integral part of the business' commercial arm, with responsibility for setting up and providing technical management for the new Business Intelligence department.
As well as providing strong leadership within this function, main responsibilities will include:
- Set-up and manage Business Intelligence aspects;
- Analyse the business landscape and internal / external data;
- Draw insights out of data and using these to provide consultancy to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with external clients to assess business needs and find solutions for these;
- Project management within business intelligence (BI), competitor / market intelligence (CI / MI) and business analytics;
- Develop business intelligence reports, tools and systems, eg dashboards, alongside processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the department;
- Help develop business strategy;
- Develop models to visualise and interpret data;
- Produce reports on relevant market aspects for senior management; and
- Assess technology and market trends.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as excellent communication, technical and project management skills, you should have:
- A degree in a science, numerical or business subject (or similar), or equivalent professional experience;
- A track record of project management;
- Experience liaising with internal stakeholders;
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence focused software, visualisation tools and/or dashboards, eg using Tableau, Qlikview, MicroStrategy, CRM systems, Cognos or Excel;
- Very strong analytical skills, developed through analysing market and technology reports to conduct market, competitor or business intelligence; and
- Involvement in developing commercial strategy.
Candidates with experience in the one of the following industries (within a commercial / BI role) are at an advantage:
- Food & drink
- Nutrition & vitamins
A small amount of travel may be required for this role.
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to develop your career within a growing company and set up a department; excellent career development and progression opportunities; and a great working atmosphere.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 0203 465 0057.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, as there are a number of other Business Intelligence and Analytics positions available.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77743022