Information Security Manager
Job Title: Information Security Manager Location: Newcastle Salary: Up to £47774
Job Title: Information Security Manager
Salary: Up to £47774 for the right candidate + Bonus + Huge Benefits
Hours: 35 Hours a Week, Monday to Friday
Accountable for education sectors information security/governance risk management, development and compliance.
Staff: The post-holder has line-management responsibility for five staff, but depending upon the nature of specific projects the post-holder is expected to manage additional staff resource.
Financial: The post-holder is responsible for a budget of £50K pa. The post-holder will occasionally be responsible for project budgets in the order of £50-150K per project. The post-holder contributes to the management and planning of the core service area budget via their Assistant Director.
Customer: The post-holder is expected to provide services and expert advice to all staff, students and affiliates. On occasion the post-holder is expected to provide operational and strategic advice to senior staff. Although many customers will be outside the IT Service, some of the key customers for the services provided by the team are other teams within the IT Service.
Operational: The post-holder is responsible for the management, development, deployment and running of a number of computing-related services all of which are business critical to the organisation.
Administrative: The post-holder will perform administrative and related duties as and when appropriate (e.g. PDR, performance management and staff recruitment).
Principal Accountabilities :
You'll oversee successful audit management and compliance across the global BIS Function and improve the quality of our IT delivery. How? Through associated action tracking; acting as the subject matter expert for validated environments (FDA, MHRA), taking ownership of the BIS risk register and document management environments.
Business Information Services (BIS) is the first truly global function for my client, so you will sometimes need to travel across your region and abroad. If you have an ITIL certification, great. What will really stand you in good stead though is your experience of continuous improvement, learning management systems, service delivery lifecycles and managing in matrix/cross functional reporting environments; particularly within the regulated or compliant manufacturing industry. You will also need to call on your experience of the ISO framework (particularly ISO9000, ISO9001, ISO27001).
Planning and Organising
The post-holder is expected to be able to forward plan over a significant period, one to two years and occasionally longer. The post-holder is expected to prioritise and progress work without the need to seek advice from their line manager. The post-holder is expected to manage services and resources (e.g. staff, equipment, services and consultancy) to develop policies to meet the strategic objectives set by, their Assistant Director.
The post-holder is expected to manage the integration of a number of services within their team as well as co-ordinating these services across the IT Service and the rest of the establishment as appropriate to ensure that service provision duplication is removed and value-for-money is obtained for the organisation.
Knowledge (inc. qualifications)
* Extensive practical knowledge relevant to their duties;
* The post-holder should be qualified to degree standard in computing or information management or have relevant practical, professional experience;
* Keep knowledge of legislation and information security risk management up-to-date.
* CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
* BCS / ISEB Certificate in Data Protection and/or Freedom of Information or Data Protection or GDPR Practitioner Certificate
* LLM in Information Rights Law and Practice.
Skills (professional, technical, managerial, practical)
* Ability to solve problems based upon past experience and independent investigative analysis;
* Excellent communication and influencing skills and attention to detail;
* Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills.
Experience and Achievements (paid or unpaid)
* Extensive experience in a similar or related customer-facing role;
* Extensive experience of delivering, maintaining and improving organisational governance arrangements such as DPA (including GDPR), FOI, EIR, NHS IGT, PCI DSS and Cyber Essentials;
* Extensive experience of records management principles and/or information security;
* Keep experience current through self-study and where necessary more formal courses.
* Previous line management experience
* NCL Rewards - offering 6,500 discounts of typically 10% or more at national retailers, holiday providers, cinemas and online discount codes
* Childcare Vouchers - savings on childcare costs of up to £933 a year
* Cycle to Work Scheme - offering savings of up to £420 on bikes purchased
* Pensions+ - a salary sacrifice arrangement for pension contributions
* Discounted Travel - including bus, metro, rail and car parking
* Centre for Physical Recreation & Sport - a great value membership package available for staff
* NU Options - a collection of local deals for staff, including discounts on new cars from Nissan
* Webstore - an easy way to find great offers on sports tickets, theatre shows and other local attractions
Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career or if you know someone else who is suitable we offer a £500 refer a friend scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77750751