Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer (FMCG)
I am now looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled, Shift Engineer for my client based in Sheffield. My client is a large, well known food company who produces chilled ready meals, chilled sauces, chilled soups and quiches for the major retailers in the UK. The is a new position to market and will be based on Shifts.
Based in Sheffield my client produces chilled ready meals, chilled sauces, chilled soups and quiches for the major retailers in the UK. The business, like most of the categories in which it operates, is largely private label, although this company also produces under license. Due to internal changes my client now require the recruitment of a Multi-Skilled, Shift Engineer.
Based in Sheffield as the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer you will carry out, as directed by the Engineering Shift Leader, the day to day maintenance tasks and site repairs to assist operations in achieving maximum productivity. This is on a continental shift pattern; 7am to 7pm day shift and a 7pm to 7am night shift (a 3-2-2-3 pattern where you get every other weekend off).
- Complete fault finding, planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance.
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team, ensuring that they are fully aware of all relevant engineering activities and schedules.
- Respond to internal customer needs to maximize production time according to given priorities.
- Comply with food safety standards and controls.
To apply for the Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer position in Sheffield you will have/be:
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served accredited apprentice or equivalent experience with appropriate certification.
- Maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment.
It is on a continental shift pattern; 7am to 7pm day shift and a 7pm to 7am night shift (a 3-2-2-3 pattern where you get every other weekend off). The salary is circa £38,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77746139