Quality Inspector / CMM Programmer
Your new company
A specialist in the Automotive industry, they boast an impressive six production facilities across four different countries, with their head office residing in Germany. All of their businesses have evolved from motor sport and have consequently developed over the years. Typical clients of theirs include FIA Formula 1 World Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, FIA World Touring Car Championship and more just to name a few.
Your new role
The purpose of the role is to maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production and finished products.
- CMM operation and programming
- Manual measurement
- Approving incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approving in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to Production manager/supervisor/engineer
- Approving finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work
- Visual inspection & ISIR (initial sample inspection reporting)
- Inspection results by completing reports, logs, summarising re-work and scrap
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations.
Understand and ensure compliance with Health and Safety, COSHH and general good practice with housekeeping. Ensure compliance with company quality standards. Involvement in Lean & 5s activities
Compliance with EH&S Policy; report unsafe practices or conditions to Supervisor for prompt resolution; attend scheduled EH&S training programmes, and support the meeting of EH&S targets and plans. Recommend improved EH&S practices wherever possible.
Utilise every opportunity to improve margins through process improvement.
What you'll need to succeed
Quality background in manufacturing engineering with knowledge of the full production process, costing and delivery, preferably in Automotive / Aerospace Manufacturing.
- Experience in quality management tools and methods for measuring precision machined components
- Hands on knowledge of current measuring methods, equipment and tools
- Experience of CMM programming and operation - particularly Mitutoyo Geopack Version 3
- Manual techniques i.e. Verniers, Micrometer etc
- Thorough understanding of geometrical tolerances
- Experience with ISO9001:2000 / AS9100 / TS16949 quality requirements
- Working knowledge of PPAP, APQP, FMEA, SPC, CPL, R&R
- Ability to analyse information and problem solve; and take the initiative using concise and methodical approach
- Communication skills when dealing with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Computer literate with Microsoft office applications - report writing capability
Mechanical engineering background preferred. Experience in either Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing industry.
What you'll get in return
Career Progression opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77732339