Our client is a leading supplier for sign making equipment and consumables, based in Whitchurch, Shropshire they sell and distribute a wide range of products all over the UK. The company has been running for a number of years and currently employ over 15 staff members due to increased company growth a position has become available for a Finance Assistant to join their Finance team.
THE JOB ROLE
Working as part of the Finance Team you will support the Finance Manager and be responsible for the efficient day to day processing of the financial information within the finance department working alongside all the internal departments and staff at the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY DUTIES:
- Bank and Cash Reconciliations, including Paypal and Petty Cash.
- Prepare fortnightly payment run ensuring all approved invoices are paid to invoice terms.
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger systems, raising cheques and BACS runs.
- Manage creditor ledgers, ensuring suppliers are paid effectively and on time.
- Dealing with any invoice or customer queries.
- Answering the phones in a courteous and friendly manner and manage accounts email inbox.
- Send weekly statement/dunning letters to customers and manage credit control processes efficiently.
- Provide cover for other sales and purchase function when required.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in completing daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc activities
- Experienced in finance and accounts including purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash book and credit control
- Working towards or completed AAT
- Good computer and systems knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of Sage Line 50 & Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Capability to provide accurate and timely information and data
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively
- Commitment to delivering a first-class customer service
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77740073