Accounts & Finance Assistant
I am working alongside a well known Insurance Broker based in the area of Sheffield who are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to assist their current Finance Manager. This role is very appealing for an eager and experienced Finance professional from an Insurance background.
You'll be expected to do the following:
- The maintenance and support on all financial administration functions within the firm including insurer & client account reconciliations including credit control, banking and payments using SSP Pure Broking software.
- Upkeep of Nominal ledgers using Capital Gold software.
- Working with the MD and Operations & Compliance Director preparing and analysing budgets and other information and projects as required.
- Making suitable systems and other recommendations where appropriate.
- Assuming support with managers for compliance and T&C procedures under FCA regulation.
- Maintaining an understanding of the Company's key objectives as outlined in the Business Plan.
- Compliant liaison with internal management of the administration function of the business reporting directly to the Operations Director.
- Assistance with credit control and account reconciliations and other back office functions as required.
- To maintain competent status including the identification of
- Continuous Professional Development needs, and the appropriate training activity to meet those needs.
- Comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial
- Services Authority and the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Comply at all times with compliance, training and competence procedures of this Broker
- Comply at all times with the complaints & whistle-blowing procedures of this Broker
- Minimum of 5 years experience in broking finance and administration. Ideally qualified as a book keeper or similar accountancy background
- Excellent keyboard / computer skills including the use of Sirius, Microsoft Office, E mail and Internet
- Experience of broking back office functions, establishing and implementing systems of work in line with FCA requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a proven ability to prepare and implement effective monitoring systems.
Does this sound like you? Then great, get in touch and I'll try and schedule you in an interview. If it's not right for you but you're looking for something in Accountancy & Finance then also get in touch, I may have something else for you. Please note, if I do not respond to your application within 14 days then assume you are unsuccessful, but your information will be saved and reviewed for future potential positions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77739999