Footwear Technologist - Ladies
My client is a leading global fast fashion retailer, who is currently experiencing impressive growth and consequently looking to appoint a footwear technologist across ladies footwear.
You will be responsible for assisting the footwear team with the day-to-day technical requirements of development samples in line with the critical path. Working from initial sample to pre-production across all footwear ranges. The role will involve liaising with the buyers as well as factories in the Far East, India and Europe to ensure development samples meet quality, style and fit expectations and to ensure product complies 3ith REACH safety standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve efficiency and quality and keep up-to date on footwear standards.
- Provide technical and development support to buyers and advise on safety compliance for other associated brands.
- Create technical specs and work with overseas suppliers.
- Manage fit sessions and relay fit comments back to factories and suppliers.
- Advise on construction, fit, development and materials.
- Manage the approval and sealing process.
- Work with warehouse QC team to ensure quality is acceptable to approved technical standards.
- Keep up to date on current footwear legislations.
- Along with the buying team investigate high returning lines making suggesting on product going forward
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience of working with multi product footwear in a retail or wholesale environment along with a good knowledge of compliance and supply chain management.
You must be flexible to travel around the UK and hold a full UK driver’s license.
If you have the relevant experience for this role, please click the apply button to send your CV to Rachel Greene, remembering to state your current salary and package.
Job Ref: RG-46874
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77743275