1st Line Support Apprentice
Join an innovative programme providing smart solutions, supporting IT systems, services, business processes and progress in your journey as a tech wizard. The tech industry has grown exponentially and we would like you take part.
You will be working for an award winning company who pride themselves on delivering innovative solutions and exceptional customer service to their clients. Our client is a UK wide business process outsourcing company that specialise in credit control and recovery management. The currently have other apprentices on site and are really behind training and developing staff through the business.
The 1st line support apprentice will be working in a team of 5 reporting directly to the IT Manager whilst providing desktop user support to the groups locations.
- Trouble shooting and resolving common ICT issues such as password resets, network connection problems.
- 1st line desktop support and software installation
- Computer networking, remote connectivity and desktop support
- Maintenance of group databases and related subsystems
- Loading of new client data, the export of client data and production of management information
- Provide security support in line with company polices
Knowledge in the following areas are desirable however full training will be provided;
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Encryption Principles
- PC tools and applications
- IT processes, tools and techniques
- Software and installation principles
- Telephony Technologies
Although the role will be working in a small IT team you will working in an open plan busy environment. Therefore you must be keen on working in this type of environment and have a real passion for IT Support and staring your career in IT.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- You work very well in a team and enjoy helping others
- You will be friendly and approachable
- Have the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner
- Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, flexibility, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Mon - Fri
- 9am - 6pm
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959588381