Pattern Cutter - Junior
Our client is an established and growing ladies wear fashion supplier who are highly creative and dynamic in delivering on trend young fashion predominantly to high street e-tailers. They are looking for a Junior Pattern Cutter to join their team based in London.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Creating flat pattern from sketch, using company blocks on card or paper.
- Providing a high level of accuracy in cut and fit creating first patterns
- Support the team with creating patterns and toiles which meet the design and technical requirements within the allocated timeframes.
- Ensure the lay plan for each pattern is created in the most cost effective way.
- Keep up to date with the latest pattern cutting techniques and share this with the rest of the team.
- Liaising with designer, discussing fabric and design
- Providing solutions, to design problems
- Liaising with the sample cutters and machinists.
- As Creative Pattern Cutter you will be an all-rounder, competent working across ladies multi products
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Creative Pattern Cutter used to working with big high street names.
- You will be able to work accurately and quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing) .
- Ability to work under pressure to meet key deadlines.
- High attention to details.
- Proactive, vibrant, spirited and rises to challenges.
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritise.
- Must be a team player who interacts well with colleagues, building trust and credibility.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77717841