Web Developer (FTC 12Mths)
Purpose of role:To design and develop interactive and engaging web systems for Babcock Learning Solutions and customers across a range of industries.
Purpose of role
This Web Developer role will be a key component of the digital media team and play a key part in the development of new capabilities and solutions.
You will also be expected to contribute to a culture of respect that reflects the aims and values of Babcock International.
- Key Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain internal web systems.
- Design, develop and maintain customer web systems.
- Design, develop and maintain online CMS.
- Analyse requirements and provide solutions.
- Mobile app development and deployment strategies.
- Provide LMS support.
- Achieve set performance targets and KPIs.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the company Security Ops policy.
Proven experience of building responsive websites and a mobile first approach.
- Front end- skills - HTML/HTML5
- CSS3 and CSS Pre-processors (Ideally LESS)
- AJAX and integration with REST APIs
- JSON / XML
- Design and developing UX and accessibility best practice
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Knowledge of LMS’s and xAPI
- Experience of managing hosting platforms
- PHP and MySQL knowledge
- NPM / yarn dependency management
- Module bundlers (Ideally Webpack)
- Experience with task runners (GLUP and/or Grunt)
- Git version control
- PhoneGap / Cordova
- Any other programming languages or backend development experience
- Ability to contribute to the development of plans to design training, design policy and targets.
- Desire and willingness to embrace new emerging technologies
- Proactive and positive approach towards solving problems
- Service delivery
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a team
- Deliver required results to the expected standards and within agreed deadlines.
- High problem solving aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new frameworks and tools quickly.
- User focus
- Demonstrate a focus on the operational requirements of the end user when designing training courses.
- Relationship development
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships over time with key customers and enhance Babcock image.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain good working relationships within the Design Team.
- Identify and utilise appropriate communication methods taking account: target audience, message to be conveyed and desired outcomes.
- Set personal targets linked to department, team and individual objectives.
- Dignity Fairness and Respect
- Demonstrate a commitment to treat everyone fairly and without bias.
- Creating and maintaining a work environment free from harassment, victimisation and bullying and ensuring that all staff have a clear understanding of standards in performance and behaviour.
- Time management
- Ability to consistently submit timesheets within a stipulated time.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77714228