My client in Castle Donnington is a leading manufacturing company within their sector. They are looking to grow their financial team where they are recruiting for a Management Accountant.
Job Title: Management Accountant
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Castle Donington, Derbyshire
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Benefits: Pension, Private Health Care + more
You will have the ability to see beyond management accounts and get involved with key players in the business, you will need to understand the business operations and be challenging.
A candidate who has worked in a business environment for c. 5 ? 10 years and has worked in various areas of the accountancy provision such as sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and has also been heavily involved in the preparation of the Management Information would be perfect for this position.
The job also requires someone who has knowledge of gross margin and the different ingredients that can affect its level. Therefore, some costing experience would be essential and a real understanding of fixed and variable costs and their impact on gross margin.
- Be able to assist in the production of the monthly management accounts within Group timescales, reporting to the US parent.
- Be able to research business requirements and generate KPI?s to report performance, feeding back with analysis and making recommendations for improvements.
- Support the Financial Controller with forecasting and budgeting.
- Support the business with accurate costings for NPI, to ensure margins are in line with expectations.
- Be able to share responsibilities on sales and purchase ledger with the accounts assistant.
- Have experience of payroll to assist in the production of the monthly salaries and can assist with any queries that arise.
- Have analytical skills to help understand the monthly movements against plan and put these into terminology for non-financial personnel.
- Fully qualified accountant, with a recognised qualification such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Be conversant with data manipulation, to ensure meaningful reporting of events.
- Good knowledge of accounting systems controls.
- Have excellent attention to detail qualities and a high level of accuracy.
- Be pragmatic on problem solving.
- Must be able to think on their feet.
- Have the ability to work as either part of the team or autonomously as required.
- Be capable of looking for continuous improvement of reporting and controls.
- Be able to communicate financial information to non-financial people
- A good team player, who has a flexible, can do attitude and has the ability to smile at times of adversity.
If this role would be of interest to you then please contact Daniel Carr on ************ or ***************************
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959590777