The role has the overall responsibility for the finances of a portfolio of social infrastructure projects. The successful individual will ensure effective day-to-day financial operation, management reporting and annual statutory reporting while maintaining relationships with key stakeholders surrounding the project.
The role is the perfect opportunity for an individual who wants a wider remit of responsibilities that also has scope beyond its basic responsibilities. The successful applicant will work alongside a team of project finance Accountants and managers reporting into the senior financial controller.
- Responsible for a portfolio of social infrastructure project companies held within a FTSE 250 listed fund
- Management of the day-to-day financial performance of project entities, ensuring efficient operation and control
- Contractual cash-flow and operational obligations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key project stakeholders including investors, shareholders, local government bodies, external lenders and asset managers.
- Ownership for production and presentation of financial results to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Ownership for production and updates to the project models and forecasts and managing the relationship with senior lenders for certain projects.
- Efficient and accurate delivery of project reporting requirements including internal quarterly management reporting, annual statutory reporting (including UKGAAP and IFRS).
- Ensuring project entities remain up to date and compliant with relevant legislation including latest accounting standards, Taxation, VAT, Hedge accounting, etc.
- Consolidation of company clusters, including the conversion of accounting policies and balances to IFRS equivalents for group reporting.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of IFRS and FRS102 Accounting Standards
- Understanding of tax structures and the ability to assess the impact of changes in tax legislation.
- Strong time management skills and ability to deal with several activity streams simultaneously.
- Excellent communication abilities and people management skills to establish and maintain relationships with a number of project stakeholders, and confident when dealing with Board members.
- A proactive approach to deal with issues before they arise.
- Ability to work confidently and closely with both senior level staff and non-finance personnel.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and project valuation skills.
- Computer literate with advance excel skills. You should be comfortable to process minor excel model adjustments and understand more complex adjustments processed by professional modellers.
- An enthusiasm to add value to the role as well as develop further skills and experience within the company.
- Previous experience in the preparation of a group consolidation would be advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959592912