Sub System Integrator
Sub System Design Engineer
Purpose of the job:
Assystem UK is currently recruiting for permanent, full time, Sub-System Design Engineers to support our Gas Turbine Design Department. You will be required to attend regular meetings with both internal and external stakeholders to understand and report on technical requirements on a number of Gas Turbine Sub-System Design projects.
Key tasks / responsibilities:
- Monitoring across a range of business and supply chain units, the use of a common set of requirements, architecture, geometry, performance, air system, processes and procedures to enable the development of robust solutions.
- Instigate and produce the necessary Component Requirements Document to give a clear direction on the design intent and fundamental requirements.
- Update requirement technical documents and prepare documentation to support technical and programme reviews.
- Raise the necessary customer issues documentation and present at the Project Technical Meeting and Project Change Board to obtain acceptance and budget.
- Generation of innovative engineering solutions to meet complex sub-system requirements.
- Communicating with Integrated Project Team’s across several geographical locations, and reporting on the consistent use of data and requirements.
- Liaison with various departments and customers and provide visibility via reporting that delivery is as per agreed commitments.
- Control of physical and functional interfaces of the system/sub-system.
- Over-check design solutions to ensure viability to proceed to reviews.
- Organise and chair project meetings with both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Presenting and progressing a solution through technical review gates.
- Authoring technical reports and progressing through the approval process.
- Escalate conflicts to the necessary senior managers.
- Experience of design & project management in an aerospace environment, and a strong technical understanding of Gas Turbine technology is a distinct advantage. However, we are interested in hearing from candidates who have worked in other areas of the Aerospace industry or a similar engineering environment working on large, mechanical equipment.
- Effective communication and organisation skills, ability to confidently present to customers, and the ability to develop strong relationships across multiple functions, partners and suppliers.
- Skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project) is desirable.
Candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering discipline. Experience within the following areas will also be considered:
- Build experience
- Strip / Repair and overall
- Safety and Airworthiness experience
- Experience with carrying out or managing inspection
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Marine and Life Sciences
In the UK, Assystem is delivering engineering services and solutions to industry leaders such as: EDF; Airbus; Rolls Royce; Sellafield; Spirit Aerosystems; Jaguar Land Rover; Nissan and BAE Systems. Assystem also supports UK authorities in their nuclear infrastructure maintenance and dismantling projects. Our UK teams work across centres of excellence capable of managing international projects requiring the deployment of highly advanced skills and proven methodologies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77733076