Operations Manager - Corporate Banking
Senior Operations Manager (Certified status) role covering Treasury, Credit / Loans / Retail Ops, Trade Financing with 4 direct senior reporting managers. An excellent opportunity to join a AA rated bank that is currently in a transition to a more modern and streamlined model. An excellent total cash/benefits package on offer.
Oversight of all staff, systems and processes in banking operations. Ensure service provided by Operations achieve service standards and adhere to controls and regulations. To manage the teams in Retail Operations, Counter Services, Treasury Operations, Non-Traded Operations and Operations Control Unit.
- Oversee the processing of all operational sections to ensure due process, accuracy and accountability are followed and that they are compliant with local legislation and regulation. Ensure appropriate escalation of Operational incidents or inability to process work that could lead to a client impact.
- Ensure that the Operational Risk Framework is adhered to by all Operations teams and the timely reporting of Incidents and escalation when applicable as per policies. Complete monthly Operational Risk packs in line with agreed RCSAs, KRIs and Standard Operating Procedures highlighting any gaps. Ensure staff training is up to date with these requirements.
- Manage service delivery to both internal and external clients using the service catalogue model, track and review MI and completion of KPI?s and report to both the business and the relevant Risk and Executive Management Committees.
- Manage all staff resources to ensure optimum efficiency, suitability, flexibility and capability of staff to perform their respective roles, providing training and cross training as necessary to achieve this. Ensure these disciplines are carried out within all teams and across Operations as a whole.
- Responsible for the plan to ensure continuity of business operations including review of disaster recovery plans to protect business operations in the event of major crises, ensuring that service to clients are of low impact.
Ensure client data is protected from the public and secured against fraud by enforcing access rights and verification levels.
- Participate in internal Operations & IT, ALCO and New Product committees as Operations representative. Also represent the Bank to external forums such as Vendor User Groups, Association of Foreign Banks, SWIFT forums as agreed with the COO to cover the operational aspects
- Manage a portfolio of projects consisting of those run by Managers/Section Heads and those managed by the role holder (ones that impact all of Operations). Ensure project quality standards are met, that solutions are appropriate to the organization and that cost and timeframe objectives are achieved. Projects will include internal bank projects, external initiatives eg. payments change and process improvement.
- Responsible for operational budgets and expenditure
- Certified Person (internal) under the Senior Manager?s Regime
- Act as Bank signatory
Responsibilities as a Certified Person
As a Certified Person under the PRA and FCA?s Senior Management and Certification Regime, the job holder is required to:
- remain fit and proper for the role at all times (such fitness and probity to be assessed by the Bank at least annually);
- perform his/her duties with reasonable skill and diligence;
- ensure that he/she keeps up to date with developments relevant to the role and to inform Human Resources of any training needs the job holder has;
- abide by the Conduct Rules set out in the FCA Handbook;
- report any breaches of the Conduct Rules (either by the jobholder or by staff reporting to him/her) to Compliance
- Permanent delegate for COO on ALCO
- Member IT and Operations Management meetings
- Member BCM Committee
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959589129