- 18 month FTC within a growing and prosperous business
- Management Accountant role reporting directly to the Financial Accountant
The client is a leading financial business based in Darlington with a large and impressive client list
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Scheme report and accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the scheme annual report
- Assist in preparation of member versions of the accounts for each scheme and section
- Prepare any additional accounts as required,
- Assist internal and external auditors
- Deal with any ad hoc queries on the section accounts that arise throughout the year
- Maintain financial databases and prepare financial returns/statements as required eg CSO return
- Provide cover for Financial Accountant: Trustee and Finance Manager: Scheme Operations as required
- Overall responsibility for preparation of more than 100 sets of section accounts.
- Carry out analytical reviews and ensure variances are investigated by BD20 after the quarter end.
Actuarial financial statements:
- Prepare accounts as requested by actuaries for any given accounting period
- Liaison with the Scheme Actuary
- Liaise with HMRC in respect of PAYE related queries throughout the year.
- As a member of the Trustee Accounts team, assist with tasks carried out by this team as required
- Provide cover for other finance managers and executives within the Trustee team
- Assist with the completion of the Trustee month end packs as requested querying large, old or unusual items as appropriate.
- Devise and complete metrics relevant to role, ensuring correct and adequate explanation is documented for all non-green metric
- Assist in management, supervision and training of clerical staff on the Trustee team
- Ensure databases, reports and documentation relating to all relevant processes are up to date.
- Assist in the development of new systems and/or processes and procedures as required
- Assist in all aspects of finance work as requested.
- Hold, or working towards, a recognised professional qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- At least 3-5 experience in an investment or financial environment would be beneficial
- Experience of managing people would be beneficial
Skills and Competencies
- Good leadership and management skills
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong analytically skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to identify and implement process enhancements and improvements
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to meet deadlines set
- Good working knowledge of accounting procedures
- Good working knowledge of relevant accounting standards
To work for a fantastic business renowned for the care it provides its employees