Workshop Service Engineer
Are you a qualified Engineer in either plant maintenance or agricultural/HGV mechanics?
How would you like to work as a Workshop Service Engineer for a renowned Volvo distributor?
We are an industry-leading OEM, always on the look-out for the best people. We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Service Engineer to join our dedicated team in Cambridge. We also have opportunities for Workshop Service Engineers around the country.
As a Workshop Service Engineer, you will undertake the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of Customers' machinery within our workshop premises, e.g. hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc. This will be done in accordance with our high standards of health, safety and environmental care.
We're looking for a confident, talented, seasoned leader to own our strategy and delivery, and drive growth across the markets.
In this role you will be focussed on developing the business plan along with our management team and the deploying the company strategy across your department.
As a Workshop Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the recruitment, training and mentoring of new team members, leading by example in a hands on capacity.
- To service and repair Volvo construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment as required by line management, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork.
- Complete PDA inputs in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
- To assist and coach colleagues with technical support where necessary.
- To be prepared to work with Apprentices as a coach, mentor and guide when required.
- To ensure a smart and professional appearance, wearing appropriate work wear and PPE, and to ensure housekeeping in your work area is of a high standard.
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when necessary.
- To help out with on-site repairs in the case of labour shortage or where a second person is required.
- To attend any relevant product or systems training courses, staying away from home where required.
- When applicable, ensure the Volvo premises are locked and secure on exiting the building.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
30 days holidays increasing with service Health plan Pension plan Life insurance Bonus Development opportunities
Formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural / HGV mechanics, backed up by relevant experience including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electronics.
You will also been to be self-motivated, able to professionally carry out your work either alone or as part of a team, be keen to undertake personal development through SMT GB training and have well developed communication skills.
Established in Great Britain in 1967 our dealership has an established reputation for market-leading quality equipment and unrivalled customer support.
Operating from eight Customer Support Centres throughout Great Britain,
Supplemented by strategically located home based engineers, we are able to offer the level of support that you would expect from a global construction equipment distributor.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77684154