12 Months Fixed Term Contract
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS Trusts in the West Midlands providing primary, acute and community services. We have been nationally recognised for providing excellence in healthcare.
New roles have arisen with the Desktop Support function due to an increase in demand for ICT customer services, technical support and project delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of this department with the opportunity to develop your career within the ICT healthcare arena.
The role of Desktop Engineer within our department is responsible for providing effective and customer focused technical, fault resolution to staff based at the PCT, within the RWH community, General practitioners and the acute trust (Newcross Hospital).
The Desktop Support team is the ‘visible face’ of the IT department, with a day to day responsibility to provide first class support to users of information technology. The successful applicant will have ownership of calls through to resolution ensuring departmental targets are met.
The post holder will be expected to be able to spend time, compiling solutions to difficult problems to ensure that end users are happy, the jobs can be quite unpredictable, and the post holder must be able to quickly and seamlessly change focus on any given task, to ensure that the service provided by IT is always at the highest, and most suitable level.
As a Desktop Engineer you will ensure that the systems that the clinical staff are reliant upon, for the provision of good patient care, are operational all of the time, and in the event of any failure are resumed to operation as quickly as possible. This ensures that the care of the patients never suffers as a result of IT equipment or Systems failure.
The post holder will also be expected to manage their own workload, and take responsibility for the consequences for any action that may be taken.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of working within a dynamic customer service environment
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL best practice.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical faults accurately.
- Experience of ghosting and deploying desktop images.
- Ability to operate effectively in a pressurised environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet SLA targets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of staff
- Ability to assist with the writing of new systems support and training documentation.
- Experience of providing end-user training
- Excellent timekeeping
- Degree or Equivalent qualification and experience to degree level
- Formal qualification in an ICT subject or equivalent
- Qualified or working towards Microsoft MCPIT
- CompTIA Certified
- Strong Customer contact skills – effective communication skills.
- Customer focused
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Please do not hesitate to apply if you would like to be considered for this opportunity. All applications are being managed by the HR department within RWH
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77628701