Retail Area Manager
The UK’s leading bakery “food on the go” retailer - is expanding in the UK and your local store is NOW HIRING! Our client are looking for a Retail Area Manager that is as passionate about customers and food as they are to join the team covering the Manchester, Salford and Stretford areas area!
Serving millions of hungry customers every day our products are delicious, fresh and affordable. Our client’s shops are vibrant, down to earth and their loved and famous products speak for themselves. Our client want Retail Area Managers to ensure that their teams deliver a warm, friendly and happy service driving sales, service and excellent products.
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting all activities within your assigned geographic area. You will train, coach and support your managers, to successfully handle the everyday issues of their busy stores. Through effective planning and the setting of business goals you will strive to make your area the most commercially viable in the business.
Retail Area Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Pay regular visits to stores in your area and ensure that they are all running smoothly and efficiently
- Increasing sales and profits through financial management, leadership and implementing best practice
- Provide support and leadership advice to managers and staff with the overall goal of ensuring the effective operation and success of the business
- Be a Line Manager / Key Contact for Managers to report to
- Assist in the development and progression of staff
- Take responsibility for the results in your territory
- Hold performance reviews with managers and hold disciplinary / investigations where necessary
- Attend monthly Area meetings, finance meetings and weekly conference calls
- Improve productivity, customer relations and service and coordinate, mentor and motivate managers
- Conduct store visits to assess the conditions and recommend changes
- Proposing new business / process ideas to improve productivity
- Preparing, reviewing and reporting on budgets and expenditure
- Recruit good quality managers for new and existing stores and help stores with reducing staff turnover
- Assist in the roll out process of new stores
- Review and analyse reports from stores in your area
- Check midweek sales report against previous week – report any issues affecting sales/profitability
- Ensure legal signage is in place
- Ensure site licenses are in place and up to date
- Monitor banking and finance processes in store and deal with any theft incidents following HR guidance
- Ensure that staff have undertook appropriate training for their role
- Assistant in the development and progression of staff and recommend internal progression where possible
The Ideal Retail Area Manager:
You will have a proven track record of Area Management, Cluster or Multi Site management, ideally within the food/hospitality/fast food industry and a strong competency in numeracy and computer literacy combined with a flexible can-do attitude towards working hours.
You will need to be extremely driven and self-motivated to achieve results and have a passion for team development, with a hands on approach when required. We are looking for problem solvers who can implement change and communicate to a diverse range of colleagues, including senior stakeholders.
You Will Receive:
As the Retail Area Manager, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £29,000. You will Also receive:
- Paid Training Programs
- Consistent Wage Reviews
- Performance based incentives
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Discounts on food and beverages whilst on shift
- Recognition Schemes
- Join an established, successful franchise
- Company Laptop
- Company Car
- All car / travel expenses covered
- Opportunities across multiple existing high profile brands with many more to come!
This store is operated by one of the UK and Europe’s largest privately-owned forecourt retail operators. They have strategic brand partnerships with leading high street retailers and restaurants. With over 700 sites across the UK, and growing, career development is very real possibility with them!
APPLY NOW and start your fantastic career as a Retail Area Manager! As an employer, our client pride themselves on training and development so this application is just the start!
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to b
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77696779