Graduate Project Engineer
Role – Graduate Project Engineer
Salary – £21,000 (rising to £26k over the next 2 years)
Based – Skelmersdale, Lancashire
ATA Recruitment is currently working with a leading testing company in the UK, they work in sectors such as telecommunications, safety, military and aerospace and test a huge array of products, anything from toys to tanks! As a company they provide the relevant services to allow designers and manufacturers to successfully launch their product onto the market ensuring it fully complies to all safety standards needed.
They invest very heavily in graduates and have established training and development tools in order to provide employees with additional skills to be able to progress in the company. With an impressive £18million turnover they are now looking to recruit additional motivated Graduate Project Engineers to help them achieve future growth.
If you are a graduate in an Engineering or Technical discipline that is either electronic focussed or contains a good amount of electronics within it and are looking for a technical role which involves analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail then apply now!
The role of the Graduate Project Engineer will be as follows:
- A report will come through from the testing laboratory which will typically be between 60 – 200 pages in length.
- The project engineer will then check through the report to look to see if the presentation and content are worthy of getting a certificate to sell that particular project in the relevant country.
- You will be analysing test data, graphs and descriptive elements in the report to see if what is written down actually describes the test process that was carried out.
- The report will be sent to individuals who may not be overly technical therefore you need to make sure it is understandable to all parties.
- Discuss any issues with the report with the laboratory team in order to rectify mistakes.
- Once everything is correct you will sign off the report.
- You will then prepare a certificate to show the product has adhered to all the relevant standards.
To be successful as a Graduate Project Engineer you will need:
- An engineering or technical degree that covers electronic theory.
- A keen eye for detail, this role is very analytical and requires an individual who wants to work in an office based technical role.
- Be based or willing to relocate to Lancashire.
You will receive an extensive training programme and be mentored closely by the Project and Certification teams in order for you to excel. There is huge scope to increase your salary over 4 years with regular pay rises. This role will allow you to become an expert in testing and certification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77700817