Unmissable opportunity for a determined Tax Manager in Manchester
Tax Manager Job in Manchester Public Practice Accountancy firm
Are you a career focused and passionate Tax Manager looking to progress your career and become involved with developing strategy within a successful Tax department?
This is a key role within the practice and the successful Tax Manager will have good levels of autonomy as well as influence across the multi-office Tax department. It would provide a sensible career move for experienced Tax Managers who currently feel that they have very little input into the overall strategy, but would like to develop further. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a proactive and successful Tax team.
You will be CTA qualified with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a public practice firm. We are ideally seeking individuals who have had some exposure to supporting M&A teams and who have experience of providing Tax advice to support business transactions.
Our client is a nationally recognised accountancy practice with a reputation for providing exceptional client service across a wide range of sectors including private wealth, real estate, sport and entertainment and corporate consultancy. Due to recent growth, they are interested in strengthening their team by appointing a new Tax Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing client portfolio, already around 300, including high net worth individuals, partnerships, trusts, sole traders and ltd companies with turnovers typically ranging between £10m and £100m.
The Tax Manager job based in Manchester will require you to:
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high-level of client service.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, predominantly owner managed businesses, providing both corporate and personal tax advice. Including attendance to meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Managing the delivery of tax projects, within given time scales and ensuring technical excellence. Including managing more junior team members.
- Review of computations and liaising with specialists on technical matters.
- Supporting Partners on advisory projects
- Work on interesting and complex tax planning arrangements with partner support
- Reporting directly to the Tax Partners
- Advise on reorganisations, demergers, share schemes and HMRC queries
- Identifying and evaluating risk management issues
- Researching taxation issues and giving advice
The ideal candidate for this Mixed Tax Manager job will be CTA qualified, with 5 years’ experience of working in a public practice firm. Experience of both Personal and Corporate Tax is essential, gained within a practice environment, with the ability to advise on reorganisations, demergers, share schemes and HMRC enquiries.
The Tax Manager Job is equally suited for an experienced Tax Senior looking for a first step into management, or an existing manager seeking more interesting and varied tax advisory work. Besides the range of benefits on offer, the firm can provide the support of experienced and ambitious Partners and superb opportunities for progression.
To find out about more Tax Manager jobs in Manchester please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.