Apprentice Software Tester
Are you a recent school or college leaver looking to kick start your career within the software industry?
Baltic Training and Sopra Steria are excited to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Tester to join their innovative and dynamic team based in Edinburgh. Sopra Steria have a global team of more than 38,000 working over 20 countries & are a market leader in digital transformation. Working to find real solutions for the challenges faced by clients, you will have the chance to shape yourself a successful and rewarding career.
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow” Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Following test processes to ensure bugs are found, recorded and reported.
- Report on results, for example; flagging defects and ensuring quality.
- Address customer requirements in an efficient and professional manner.
- Work within standard frameworks and recognised good practices.
- Develop an understanding of programming models
- Be trained to have a basic understanding of relevant software engineering tools, techniques and methods.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Software Development
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Basic knowledge of using a programming/coding language – this could be SQL Server, HTML, CSS, C#, Python, Java or VB.net
- A keen interest in software/computing
- 5 standards (Level 1-3) or 5 National Level 5 grades would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to build on existing skill set.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
The future is bright
Upon completion of this apprenticeship programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £11,000 per annum
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
- Up to 35 days annual leave
Location and travel
The role is located in Edinburgh and is easily accessible via all major bus routes and close to the local train station.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77687707