Finance Assistant - fixed term contract
My client based in Larbert in Falkirk, are looking for a Finance Assistant to join their friendly team on a long term fixed term contract of 15 months.
The position will mostly comprise of all-round purchase ledger and sales ledger along with reconciliations, so as long as you have this experience you will be considered.
The Finance Assistant will support the Accounting team in their responsibilities of managing assigned Project Portfolios. This will mainly include the maintenance of financial records, processing of payments, raising of invoices and general administrative duties relating to Project support.
- Purchase ledger
- Sales Ledger
- Prepare sales invoices for review by the Management Accountant, incorporating changes as instructed.
- Process cash book entries and invoices into the accounting system and update invoice trackers as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all agreed programmes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare a summary of recommended payments, instructed payments from the Finance Manager and necessary bank instructions, for review by the Management Accountant.
- Take overall responsibility for credit control and escalate issues on a timely basis.
- Undertake supplier statement reconciliations.
- Manage the purchase invoices approval process.
- Ensure all documents are filed correctly and all files are well kept.
- Prepare and submit National Statistics responses.
- Provide assistance to the Management Accountant in the preparation of the management reporting pack.
- Support the utility reporting requirements and the third party income reconciliation review processes in accordance with the contract.
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems.
- Carry out other duties that fall within professional expertise.
If you haven't done some of the above they will provide training.
If you have the relevant experience please apply
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77696943