Hardware Engineering Manager - Life Science Technology
We are seeking a Hardware Manager to oversee the development of hardware products and technologies for an exciting new microfluidics 'lab-on chip' technology spin-out which is set to revolutionise the life science, healthcare and biotech sectors. The technology has exciting potential and as such has significant financial backing from its parent company to bring the technology to market.
The primary role of the Hardware Engineering Manager will be to ensure that resources within the company's Technical Department are utilized effectively to deliver hardware products to meet commercial requirements and quality standards.
The post-holder will join a team of highly experienced and skilled engineers and researchers and should therefore possess an outstanding technical background of their own, ideally gained in the hardware / electronics development of life science technology, medical devices, biotech, medical diagnostics, etc. The ideal candidate should also possess a proven track record of delivering complex multi-disciplinary product development projects. The position carries a high degree of responsibility for resource and budget management and candidates must therefore be able to demonstrate a history of successful of on-time on-budget delivery in a related position.
Requirements of Hardware Manager
* Educated to degree level at a leading university in scientific or engineering subject
* At least 5 years' experience working in a technical role
* At least 2 years' experience in a managerial role
* Experience in mentoring, coaching and assisting staff with personal development plans
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely with other members of a multi-disciplinary team
* Experience developing hardware products to meet Quality Standards within a regulated environment, preferably for medical devices
* Strong customer focus and the ability to relate engineering processes to internal and external customer needs.
* Experience of technology transfer and history of successful new product introductions
* Broad understanding of engineering and R&D processes coupled with a willingness and ability to challenge processes where needed
* Outstanding planning and organization skills with ability to execute in a dynamic and fast paced environment
* Masters degree or PhD in a scientific subject at a leading university
* Chartered Engineer (IET, IMechE)
* Recipient of professional industry award for technology development or contribution to business
* Strong history of patenting or publications in leading scientific journals or conferences
* Experience in development of scientific or medical instrumentation
* Experience with PRINCE2 project management framework
* Experience with Quality Management Systems, preferably ISO13485
Location: Oxford (commutable from Reading, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Swindon, Banbury)
Salary: £45k - £75k + Car Allowance + on target bonus + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77666127